Low Profile Deer Fencing Instructions
1. Build fence before deer develop feeding patterns.
2. Use 11/16 inch x 5 foot fiberrod posts for corners and
Use 3/8 inch x 4 foot fiberrod posts on 30 foot centers as line posts.
Post clips should be installed 27 inches to 30 inches from the ground.
3. Hand tension yellow fence tape through clips. When
separate conductive wires from filaments and twist wire together. Tie
ends for strength.
4. Install low impedance energizer according to manufacture
below energizer on a board or in a battery box. Position energizer near
the middle of the fence.
5. Maintain at least 3000 volts at all times on the low
Check voltage weekly using a voltmeter.
6. Proper grounding is essential. Use one rod in heavy
soils, two rods
in lighter soil. If voltages drop below 2500 volts, add additional
rods and moisten them with a salt water mixture. Occasionally excess
growth may have to be removed to improve visibility of the tape.
7. Low profile fence tape can be baited with a mixture of
and vegetable oil. This is especially alluring to the deer immediately
after fence installation.
Return to K Fence Home
K Fence Deer Abatement (VGS)
K Fence Permanent Deer
Deer Resistant Plants